Monday, April 18, 2011

Beautiful.

Beautiful.

A few years ago, I started singing the chorus to the Joe Cocker song "You Are So Beautiful" as a worship song. After some time, I decided to add a couple of verses to it and make a full song out of it, yet keep the original chorus. Below, I've embedded a very raw YouTube video of me singing it. The video quality is bad, as is the sound, however, as humbling as the performance is (its not good), the message remains.

What Christ did for us was beautiful. He was beaten beyond human recognition, yet He was beautiful. Have you ever seen a mangled animal lying on the side of the road? He probably looked worse than that, yet He was beautiful. He knew what was going to happen to Him, yet He did it anyway. During this Easter season, don't lose sight of His beauty. Lyrics are provided below the video.



Verse 1:
A face no one thought pretty
With nails in your hands
A crown of thorns sat on your head
As your blood dripped to the ground

Verse 2:
Everyone rejected Him
Said "He's not what we need"
"We'll trade Him for the murderer"
"Send Him to the tree"

Pre-Chorus:
How can I describe it?
What He means to me!
A portrait of the innocent!
Dying on the cross for me!

Chorus:
You are so beautiful to me
You are so beautiful to me
You're everything I've hoped for
You're everything I need
You are so beautiful to me!

No comments: