Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The problem is....

The prophet Isaiah said about the Christ that "...He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed" (Is 53:5 NIV).

What we have failed to realize is that this verse isn't necessarily talking about peace in this lifetime. It is referring to peace in eternity. It is peace from the wages of our sin, which is death. In fact, Jesus specifically said that in this world we would face many trials.

John 16:33 (ESV): "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

He said..."In the world you will have tribulation".

I say this because we hurt. We go through some really tough times that suck in the worst way. Bad stuff happens. Our hearts break, but most of all, they long for the peace that Christ gives. I long to see my Father and go where there are no more tears, no death, no hurt and no pain. I long to be in the perfect, sin free creation.

Until then, I have the peace that I will get there. Mark my words, (and God's), there will never be peace on this earth, but one day, we will inherit the peace that was purchased for us.

Watch This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRmBChQjZPs

No comments: